I realise that I’m totally biased here, but I think my readers rock. You guys are seriously awesome! You are always so encouraging and let’s be honest … we do have a whole lotta fun around here.
One of these sweet readers, Kat from SeeKatSew, has nominated me for a Liebster Award. Before you get excited and start planning your red carpet outfit for escorting me to the LA awards ceremony … it’s not that kinda award. This is a fun award that people offer to their favourite bloggers as a way of saying “your blog is awesome and keep it up”. So it’s real sweet right? Thanks Kat!
While I’m not usually one to take part in these awards (they often feel like chain letters), I did enjoy reading more about Kat with her award. It’s like a little peek into someone’s world. So I thought I’d share the fun and answer the questions she gave me.
1. What interesting fact about yourself that you want people to know? I’m a Macgyver fan. That TV series was my childhood fuel and even now, hearing the theme song sends me to a happy place
2. Why did you start your blog? Because I kept boring my friends and family to tears as I shared yet another sewing project! Haha, that and I love writing as much as I do sewing, so it was a perfect fit
3. Other than blogging, if time weren’t a concern, how would you spend your day? Oh wow, where to start. It would probably involve lots of sewing, hours of op-shopping and a luxurious afternoon nap
4. What have you learned most from maintaining a blog? How blimin’ awesome the blogging community and followers are! Everyone is so encouraging and supportive. I love it
5. What artistic/crafty things do you like to do? Writing is a big one for me and I’m exploring some fictional work right now. I’m also enjoying crochet which is surprisingly addictive
6. What makes you happy? Chocolate, coffee and my little family
7. How much fabric do you have in your stash right now? Too much! It’s all in a big old trunk in the lounge and threatening to overflow. It’s super handy though and I do love having fabric on hand for when inspiration strikes
8. What’s your favourite childhood memory? I’m lucky to have had an amazing childhood. A favourite memory would have to be the times my brother and sisters decimated the entire upstairs for a game of “shops”. We would each choose a business and together we built and ran a little village. We’d be things a like postie or grocery store and my brother once wrote a computer program that ran his “sleep store”! We’re all still very entrepreneurial
9. What’s your make that you’re proud of? You know, I still love the capelet I made a few years back. That was a great learning curve and confidence booster for me. I may be revisiting that here on the blog soon, but shhhh
10. What part of sewing are you afraid/wary of? Aside from sewing through my fingers? The first cut into fabric or a refashion is the scariest. There’s no turning back or changing my mind after that!
11. What’s your guilty pleasure? Magazines. If I have a child-free day, I love to buy a new mag and indulge in a quiet read somewhere
11 Facts About Me
- I have weirdly shaped toes
- So weirdly shaped that my childhood doctor said I’d never be a professional ballerina
- If you’ve ever seen me dance, you’d realise this was never a viable career option anyway
- I don’t like cats
- Dogs are awesome
- I sometimes dream of opening an online dress fabric store. So. Much. Fun!
- I have one brother and three sisters
- I frown when I’m deep in thought. Apparently I look almost angry despite the deep thoughts being pleasant ones. It seems I have an unfortunate thinking face
- If I had to choose between a personal maid, chef or cleaner … I would choose a chef, hands down. I’d rather clean the toilet than cook a meal
- My husband and I met after a mutual friend set us up on a blind date
- At the time, I was cynical about blind dates and finally agreed to go when I found out who he was. Turns out I’d met him briefly ten years prior (he doesn’t remember this. That’s a good thing ’cause my teen years weren’t my finest) so I knew he was a spunk
So there you have it. A little peek into my world. I’m not one for passing on chain letters etc, but I do love discovering more about my favourite bloggers and readers. So here’s what we’ll do. If you want to do something like this on your blog for us all to enjoy … I hereby bestow upon you an honorary Liebster award. Let’s face it. You read this blog, therefore you are awesome. You deserve it!
Share with us 11 facts about yourself and answer the same 11 questions Kat gave me above. If you like, link your post in the comments below so we can all pop over and discover the beauty that is your blog too. Share the love xoxo